Monday, January 3, 2011

Update + Nail Polish News

So lately I've been just a busy bee. With school and work, and of course the holidays...I think I really stretched myself thin this winter. Not to mention I got kinda sick :P Anyway...got some cool stuff for Christmas, hopefully this will encourage me to not shop to much in 2011...

Well...as I closed of 2010, I did a bunch of nail polish shopping :D I really haven't been into the nails in a while. Of course I have been doing my nails because I really can't stand the site of my naked nails, but I wasn't really into doing anything new lately :( I picked up a bunch of new nail colors that had been in China Glaze's previous collections from last year that didn't sell I guess so they were there for the taking...but what has intrigued me a bit has been the new colors from the Anchors Away collection for this spring.

Check out swatches from their facebook page (* = ones I am looking forward to seeing):


  • Knotty: Micro-particle beige shimmer (something like Sephora by OPI's It's Looking Like Rain Dear)
  • Sunset Sail: Delightful peachy pink high shine crème
  • Below Deck*: A flirty mix of taupe and violet
  • Sea Spray: Calming pale blue crème
  • Pelican Gray: High shine, cool toned grey crème
  • White Cap: Whimsical and sparkling multi-dimensional white
  • Lighthouse: Multi-dimensional, bright yellow glass speck
  • Starboard*: Hip and playful green crème
  • First Mate*: Sophisticated and rich navy crème (reminds me of Little Drummer Boy from the Holiday 2010 collection)
  • Hey Sailor: A Vibrant crème red
  • Life Preserver: Highly pigmented and luxurious poppy crème (shoulda been safety cone instead :P)
  • Ahoy!*: Intense pink that flashes with reflective glass speck

Anyway...I hope you had a great holiday season...it's almost time for me to go back to school...yay? Well...I have made it a (unofficial) new year's resolution to blog regularly, along with to exercise more. Hopefully I can keep up with both this year! Also, I have started a new beauty blog

No comments:

Post a Comment