Saturday, March 21, 2009

THE SPRING BREAK CHRONICLES: DAY ONE

So today...what a day it was.

Started off when I woke up, checked my email to verify the start/end times for the Performing Arts Exhibit at the opening of the Center for Okinawan Studies at UH Manoa today, and was shocked to see that the thing ends at 12:00pm, not 11:00 am like I thought...me and my bad reading skills (I keep telling myself...you gotta read till the end of the line dammit!!!). Anyway, that was a slight damper in my plans with my dance friend, Kelsey who I told I'd be done @ 11...poo!

Well after this thing ran totally late, I rushed over to Sensei's house for my weekly dance lessons. It was nice without Dazzman, only because I guess that one more person...it really squishes things up in Sensei's dojo...but sill I feel I am not getting the attention I need to become a better dancer...it sucks, but I guess Sensei has high hopes for the granddaughters...

After class, Kelsey and I were having issues decide on a place to eat, and Tori had her movie night thing tonight so we had to hurry up and think. I dunno who, but someone finally decided on Bravo, and so Tori, Liko, and Grandma came along with us. Grandma is so funny! She ordered a lasagna and totally hated it, complaining about every aspect of the damn thing! But it was so funny! I was totally stuffed after that one, I could hardly drive home...good thing it wasn't that much more to go!

So I went to Foodland before heading home to buy ground corriander, extra virgin olive oil, and tahini. Gosh!!! I didn't even know what tahini even is!!! I need it to make edamame hummus, if you were wondering. But anyway, if you ever need the stuff, it's in the Jams & Jellies area at Foodland in Waipio...HA!!!

Well...about half an hour after I got home (stuffed like a pig ready for the imu), my parents made me go along with them to Chilis...so I just ordered the cheese fries, which I so couldn't finish, but I made sure (like usual) that I got my money's worth on the bottomless beverage. I swear restaurants must hate me because if there are bottomless drinks, I always try and get refills until I got it down to about one dollar a drink...and that's what I did!

So that was my wonderful Saturday. Hopefully my Spring Break goes well...we'll see!

-Katsu Chiika

No comments:

Post a Comment